Saturday, November 3, 2007

Super Saving Saturday-LOTS OF TP















Last Saturday I posted my goals for shopping: $60 per week averaged over the two week pay period for Hubby (This is for 6 people). I did it last week with $2 to spare. Here's how we are faring this time. We are just finishing the first week of the payperiod.
Here are some of the great deals from this week:

Trip to Kmart: This sale is still going on.
Toilet paper, toilet paper, toilet paper. Flyer came out for Charmin Basic 12 Big Rolls (325 sheets per roll-double rolls) $3.99 limit 5. I got my limit of 5 and used 3-25 cent off coupons. 7up was 79cents. Spent $22.39 My bedroom closet is now full of toilet paper (and papertowels from a shopping trip several weeks ago!
At the salvage store I found Herb Ox boullion (no msg) for 50 cents a box-I bought 5! They also had one can of goat milk-30cents, brown rice-45cents. 2 boxes of Organic cereal $1 each. Everything in the picture on the right $12.65!!!!

Great use of an instore coupon for vitamins: Our local grocery store had a coupon for $2 off any one Sundown vitamin. I found the smallest bottle of Vit. C-100 tables for $2.59- 59cents!!!! I also bought organic bananas for 19cents/#.

Walmart had Silk soymilk for $2.89. I used a $2.25 coupon 64 cents!!!

We also bought 2 gallons of milk, 2 bags of softener salt, liquid hand soap, 2 bags of Doritos (at full price-Hubby went shopping) Shredded cheese, chocolate chips, Tangerines, Cough drops (BOGO) , Peanut butter, chicken strips, sour cream, and romaine lettuce.

Total spent $76.42; Left for next week $43.58 I think we did pretty good!

5 comments:

Mom2fur said...

Wow, you sure got the buys! I wish we could use Charmin. (It tends to clog up in my pipes for some reason). That was some deal!

Jennifer said...

Great deals you got there!

I'm newly trying to make a big difference in our spending, so reading blogs of others doing the same is really helping! Of course I clicked your blog from Money Saving Mom. Nice to "meet" you!

Happy in the Home said...

It's nice to "meet" both of you.

~Stella

Stephanie said...

Wow that is very inspiring! Thanks for sharing!

Donna(mom24boyz) said...

Wow, you did awesome!! I too am a family of 6--our budget is still at 100.00--hope to lower it soon! But with gas prices affecting food prices it seems even more difficult!