Thursday, November 8, 2007

Pastor Wants to Read my Blog

At Awana last night I was talking to a gal, who had written up her testimony to share with the kids. I said that I just wrote mine up yesterday on my blog. Well, our pastor heard me and wanted the address.

I'm not sure I want to share this with many people I actually know. My husband has not even seen it, even though he has permission. He (Pastor) said that if it was private I shouldn't be sharing on the internet. I'm not sure there is anything I would consider private, however, there are things on here that are definitely 'womanly'. For instance, I wouldn't share that much information about my miscarriage with him. Also, I want to write from my heart, and not worry about who is reading.

I am going to print off my testimony. Pastor has already heard this anyway, however I am considering sending him some of my articles for review. Hmmm, we shall see what I decide.

3 comments:

The Proverbs Wife said...

Uhn..Uhn...Uhn. I don't think that I would feel comfortable know that members of my congregation or even my friends were reading my blog.

Your pastors statement is true when he said that we shouldn't share private stuff on our blogs.

But at the same time I would want to be able to share myself with my friends family and congregation on a personal face to face level rather than them having free access to information regarding my homeschool life, my homemaking struggles, or my opinions about certain things.

Just my thoughts if I were in your shoes.

Mindy said...

My Pastor actually DID read my blog once. I sent the link to him so that he could hear a song I had posted on it that related to something he'd said in a sermon. He emailed me back and thanked me and said he really enjoyed the song and reading the blog too. That was before I did a lot of paid blogging, I'm not sure what he would think of it now.

I woudln't want everyone at my church reading my blog though.

Hopewell said...

My pastor DOES read my blog. I don't believe there's anything wrong with expressing my opinions. I don't try to pretend to live a perfect life--any more than he does.