Monday, November 12, 2007

Home Management - Daily Routines


I came back from a FUN weekend with my family feeling refreshed. I decided to get back to the schedule in my Home Management Binder We got so much accomplished! What an awesome feeling.

You can see my schedule in the picture. I didn't realize how bad it looks. It is in a plastic sheet protector so we can mark what we have done with a dry erase marker. There are 2 columns. In the right hand column is my schedule for the week, and the left is the daily list. I'll list my daily routines tonight and get to my weekly tomorrow.


Daily Routines

Early Morning-Mom
Teeth
Shower/Dress
Hair
Make Bed
Prayer/Bible
Wash Clothes
Meal Prep

Morning-Children
Dress
Hair
Teeth
Bible
Clean Bedroom
Animal Chores

After Breakfast-All
Clean Kitchen
Weekly Chores
Dry Clothes
Wash 2nd Load


Afternoon
Clean Kitchen
Finish Laundry
Check School

Bedtime-Girls
Shower (Tues, Thurs, Sat)
Teeth
PJ’s
Tidy House/Room
Bathroom

Bedtime-Me
Teeth
Tomorrow’s To-do List
Tidy House

The girls also have a list that explains in detail what a clean kitchen, bathroom, or bedroom means, so that I don't constantly have to tell them what to do next. They can just look at the list and mark it off as we go.
We start school at 8:30 most mornings, so whatever is left on After Breakfast is left for me when I get a chance.
If I get up with Hubby, I have extra time to blog and work on my business. My business also fits in in the afternoon when Little Boy is napping and the girls are finished with school.
Hubby gets home at 2:30, so we don't schedule anything else until bedtime.
I really like this schedule for a couple of reasons. It is not a time schedule, so I don't ever feel behind! Also, if I am ever not able to follow it, I am sure my girls can take care of the home!

No comments: