Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Gluttony/Weight Loss Update

The good news..... I lost 9 pounds! The scale said 10 Sunday morning but says 9 today, so I will go with 9.


The bad news.... SLACKER


I've been getting slack about memorizing Romans 6. At first I was reciting it in my head several times a day, and falling asleep memorizing the next section of the verse. When I was doing that, the verse would pop into my head the second I would think about a snack. Obviously there is something really important about that, because once I started to slack off some, the verses wouldn't come until after I had put something in my mouth.


I also want to make it very clear, mostly to myself, that I am not so pleased with the weight loss as I am disappointed in the sin of gluttony. I want to deal with sin.


Here is something really interesting that happened that reminded me about having 2 or 3 witnesses: On Friday a lady from church called to see how this was going for me. We chatted for a while and talked about how much help Romans 6 has been. This person does not usually call me. Then, on Saturday I got my new Rod and Staff catalog. There is always a tract or something tucked inside, so I shook it to see what I would find. You will not believe what fell out. A credit card sized calendar with this verse: What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin that grace may abound? God forbid. How can we, that are dead to sin, live anylonger therein. Romans 6 1-2


Definately God is watching all that we do, and cares even about an extra brownie. I stand in awe of Him!

No comments: