Monday, December 31, 2007

New Year's Resolutions

Nope! Not gonna do it.

However, since this is the last day of the year, and we start school back up on Wednesday I'm going to spend the next two days decluttering and filing paperwork.

Hubby and I started on a cupboard last night. We sorted, bagged, labeled, and boxed all the cords. (Phone chargers, battery chargers and walky talkies and their chargers.) We then tackled the papers in the same cupboard that were stuffed in the with bill organizer. Most got thrown away, and some went in a pile to put in my home management binder today. The bill organizer also got cleaned out an organized.

I used some Christmas money from dear Mother-in-law to buy a new purse. Finally big enough to fit my coupon orgnanizer. Actually I can fit the coupons, my wallet thingy, JoAnn's and Hancock fabric ads, and a full-sized Bible in there, along with all the other odds and ends a lady is supposed to carry! I also bought a wallet style contraption. It has several slots for bills, all my store club cards (and one credit card) insurance cards, a place for pictures, checkbook, and paper pad! I finally was able to get rid of all the money envelopes I carry around since we use an envelope system for our budget.

Here's my to do list for the next few days.

Call about the numbers that go on the back of the generic dental cards they sent us. X
Look up Delta Dental and find out which dentists we can go to. X
Pay some bills X
Clean and reorganize the Home Management Binder and add papers found yesterday X
Type up some of my papers for HMB
Figure sales tax for my business and file my paperwork to make room for 2008 X
Clean/organize top shelf of school cupboard X
Go through box under bed of bills, receipts, etc from 2007
File those and get rid of the file from 2006

That should keep me busy along with the regular daily and Monday and Tuesday chores. No school or sewing until this is done, or Wednesday.

Hope you all have a productive day!
~Stella

No comments: