Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Leading Up to My Pregnancy With My Son, After Years of Miscarriages

I was recently asked for imformation about my little miracle boy after my tubal reversal and years of miscarriages. Here are some things leading up to his conception that I think are significant. Read more about my reversal here.


I know that the LORD’s timing was truly in our son’s conception and birth, however there are certain things that happened before this that I personally think were significant. Did the LORD bring those things to mind at that time on purpose. I believe so, because it fit his perfect timing. He could override those issues, but one of them was a health issue, which was important to my babies health. And one of the others was spiritual.


Several months before I conceived I was working on a Bible study using Beth Moore’s book A Woman’s Heart God’s Dwelling Place., that I found at a garage sale. At some point during this I realized that my image of my own worth was so totally wrong. Somehow I had tied my worth up in how good of a wife or mother I was and how many children I had.


Colossians 1: 16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:


Revelation 4:11 Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.


Finally I knew that my worth was because the Lord created me; for himself! My worth was in the Lord!


The second thing that happened is that I finally had victory in cutting sugar out of my diet and losing weight. I lost 20 pounds which put me at the same weight I was when I conceived that last 2 girls.


Third, I started back on Vitex (an herb that feeds the glands, and helps regulate hormones), 3 capsules a day, the month that I conceived. Of course God interceded in the area of hormones, because I bled off and on for the first 8 weeks of my pregnancy. That tells me my hormones were still off, but God kept my sweet little boy strong, and brought him through!

No comments: