Wednesday, March 5, 2008

I Want to Pull My Teeth Out!

I'm quite certain I have a severe sinus infection. I've had sinus infections before, but this is awful. Not only do my facial bones hurt, but my teeth ache something fierce. The only thing that helps is putting pressure on them. I really get the urge to just pull them out. Really the thought keeps coming up.... I must be on the verge of insanity here.

I've been taking echinacea and golden seal for several days, but it doesn't seem to be helping. Hubby wants me to do a nasal flush, but I have been resisting. I'm going to try hot and cold compresses. Prayers would be appreciated.

My dad was in the hospital for several days again. Two doctors and the radiologist said he "blew a disc", but the neurosurgeon said it was not blown. They all agree that his spine is so narrow that is pressing on the nerves around the spinal cord.

They also found that Dad has an aneurysm below his heart, and his cholestoral is high. He is not interested in any natural remedies, unless the doctor suggests it, like the fish oil for his eyes. Prayers appreciated here too.

It is snowing again today. This winter has been incredible. I don't think I've seen so much snow in my 35 years. Truly it has snowed at 2-4 times per week since late fall. The bottom layer of snow is still from Novemember. I won't say anything about global warming ;)

Well, I'm off to help with a math problem.

1 comment:

The Proverbs Wife said...

Both you and your father will be in my prayers. I know how it is to want to pull your teeth out. My tooth cracked sometime ago and I am just getting around to getting a rootcanal. I don't know which hurt more...before or after the root canal.

For some strange reason pressing on my jaw sems to counteract the pain....weired huh?

Anyhow I hope that you feel better soon.