Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Odds and Ends

I spent the last half hour reading blogs and so not much time to post, so I'll smash it all in here.

I finished all my must dos yesterday, and cleaned up all the paper work on the computer and cleaned out my desk. A few years back I came across an address book out of an organizer that didn't get used instead of throwing it away I tossed it on the computer. It is a great way to organize favorite websites, passwords and email addresses, etc.

The little bit of organization I have has slowly grown over the last 10 years or so. I am not naturally organized (you should have known me when! Think basement= whole house in 1994) (Thanks for the comment though) I have gleaned little bits of help from everywhere. I started with Side-Tracked Sisters (google it). Found and enjoyed flylady for a year, met Candy at www.keepingthehome.com where I learned to make and use a Home Management Binder. I like the Home Management Binder better than the Flylady Control Journal. Mostly because I know I am not really in control! There are other reasons to. Either system can work though.

Totally unrelated, but we have a critter living in our ceiling. I woke up early one morning, when Hubby was in the bathroom, to the sound of scratching or chewing above my head. I tried to get Hubby's attention, but when I spoke loud enough for him to hear the noise stopped. I think Hubby thought I was crazy or at least it was just ice cracking on the roof. Does ice have ears; I think not!

A couple of nights later, I heard it in the middle of the night. I put my hand on Hubby's face and whispered, "Shhh". He heard it too, and even snuck outside to see if it was sitting on the corner of the roof. Nope its in the ceiling. We have cathedral ceilings, so no attic or access to it. He found a few places outside where he thought it could have gotton in. He plugged the holes and we waited to smell it. No luck he's still there and running around. Hubby finally got a ladder, and guess what? When the house was built they left huge openings under the eaves. New house, huh? So we had to resort to poison until spring when he can stand to be outside long enough to take the eaves down and seal up the house.

Well, Little Boy just woke up on the wrong side of the bed. He usually has a cheerful, "Good morning" for everyone, but not today!

Big day ahead, first day of school for 2008!

See ya!

No comments: