Thursday, January 17, 2008

Just stopping in to say, "Hi"

I've been really busy. We've changed how we do school. We're making a more concentrated effort to work hard on a little, instead of spending time hurrying through lots of work. I will probably explain more later if it works out like I think it should.

I have been tremendously busy with my home business. I found a way to buy wholesale less expensively on the same quality material I've been using by buying from another manufacturer whose remnants are just the size I need! I've been working hard to purchase a bulk order which will save me tremendously!

We are also listening to Dave Ramsey's Total Money Makeover. He starts out sounding sort of ornery, but I think the effect is to try to get us to understand that debt is bad. I especially like how he asks you to consider the risk before you purchase something on credit. I never thought of this before. We have taken advantage of Same as Cash purchases, knowing that we would always pay them off before the promotional end date, because we knew that interest would be tacked on from day 1 if we didn't. However, we never considered the risk of a payment getting lost in the mail or otherwise delayed. What if Hubby's business made a mistake with the payroll checks? It's never happened before, but what's to say it wouldn't?

We're not going to spend any time worrying about that now, what's done is done. (We've got one to pay off next month-LORD willing!) However, just the idea should stop us from taking part in those "deals" again.

Well, I hope everyone is having a blessed week!
~Stella

No comments: