Saturday, October 27, 2007

Super Saving Saturday-My Shopping-My Goal

To see what Super Saving Saturday is all about visit Crystal at http://www.moneysavingmom.com/ .

My goal: To spend $60 a week on groceries for my family of 6 (2 adults, 3 big kids, 1 toddler). This is going to have to be an average of 2 weeks as that is how my hubby gets paid. Our budget up until this last 2 weeks was $60 per week for food plus $30 per week for paper, soaps, cleaners, etc. None of this includes our meat as we buy that in bulk twice a year. I intend to fit all of this into our new goal of $60 per week (all groceries plus some left over for the meat purchase)

Yeah! Goal met this two weeks. Spend $75.40 last week and $41.89 this week. Total $117.29. Left for meat $2.71-have to do better here.

Here are some of my great deals for this week:



This picture shows $11.34 shopping from 2 stores both of them Amish. At the bulk store I bought 7 # of oatmeal for $2.89 and 1# Aluminum-free baking powder $1.78. The other is a salvage store. The best deals here were 5# flour 50 cents, Organic rice milk 40 cents, Organic sauce 65 cents.




This picture $8.89 shows Walgreens and one grocery store.

Best deals: Free bread (coupon), Eggs 1 doz at 77 cents from one store (limit 1 with coupon) 3/$3 for the others (raincheck Walgreens) Chili Beans 3/&1 (coupon limit 1 offer). VO5 conditioner buy 2 at 99c get 1 free.

The rest of the groceries I bought included 7# bananas, apples, lettuce, crackers, applesauce peanut butter, tortillas, cheese, juice. I also bought a couple of things that we needed for our snack duty at 4H that I normally would not buy paper plates, cups and the pretzels.

My God bless your shopping in the coming week (and mine too)


No comments: