Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Pregnancy Update

Monday night I started having sharp pains on my left side (the side with my only functioning tube). I called the dr. and explained the situation. They could not help me that night, which seemed crazy since I know you can die from an ectopic rupture. Anyway since I was not "doubled over" in pain it could wait until morning.

Tuesday morning the pain had moved somewhat which led me to believe it was intestinal pain. I went to the clinic anyway for a beta hcg. The number was 662. I was hoping for a "1" in front of that. I would be 22 dpo at that time. They were happy that the pain had moved. They could not do an ultrasound because nothing will show with that low of a number. I go back in tomorrow morning for a repeat beta. Any number above 1000 will be okay, but 1324 would be much more promising.

According to charts, my number is within the range for 22 dpo, however I was going by my son's numbers and I expected 1600 at least. Anyway I did some figuring and based on my first + hpt it is still a workable number. Of course God shows Himself best in impossible situations.

I am still so grateful to have stayed pregnant this long. Only by God's grace since I have only had one successful pregnancy in 9 years, 6 of those with an open tube.

God bless.

1 comment:

herbal_tea said...

After having my first child with no complications...I suffered the loss of two babies due to miscarriage. When I got pregnant the 4th time, I too had low bhcg levels. I thought the worst but prayed for the best. Now, as you know, I have two lovely little boys. I know all you can do is focus on that # but...try not to. Try to stay centered. Calm. Think positive. Pray. A # is simply a #.
I am here for you & praying with you. ((Hugs)) DM