Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Of a Sensitive Nature-Need to Pray for These Kids.

I understand this is a very sensitive nature, however I feel a need to talk about it.

This has been on my heart lately. We have heard a lot lately about pred*tors. I often think, "My daughter is the same age as the 'target' was supposed to have been."


My SIL opened my eyes about this. She is a principal and had to take a course on this subject. The police did a sting operation on the internet right there during the course. They 'caught' a 19 year old (He was later apprehended). My SIL said everyone in the room was so disgusted, yet all she could think is, "I have a son close to that age."


What an eye opener. And we are all correct, it is disgusting, it is frightening, it could be our daughter, or it could be our son.


A similar situation has been brought to prayer a lot at church lately. A teen girl (relative of a church member) had gotten a ride from an older boy. He took her to the woods and shot her three times when he was finished with her. Then he left. We have spent the last month praying for her recovery. The boy has been apprehended. Lately the church has been praying for justice to be done.


Out of sensitivity for church members I just want to ask everyone anonymously to pray for this boy. What awful thing has been done to him in the past? Should we not pray for this boy as well as the girl he hurt and left to die? This was a horrendous thing he has done, but Jesus did not come for the righteous man. Cannot this boy also be saved? Yes, he should be punished, but shouldn't someone take the gospel to him also.


Please pray for this girl's continued healing both physically and emotionally. That is the easy one, but also take the harder road and pray for the boy.

And while your at it let's praise God that we don't get the just punishment for our sin.

No comments: